Connect is back for 2017 and it is going to be bigger and better than you could ever imagine.
We have listened to every piece of feedback given by stakeholders, exhibitors and visitors and have made some big changes.
Here are some of the improvements and additions we have made for this year:
- The format for this year has changed slightly. Connect17 will now take place over two days in the RDS Main Hall, Hall 2 and the Concert Hall. Last year, there was so much going on that not everyone got to experience what was on offer. With two days, you will have so much more time to see what is on offer to the events industry in Ireland.
- We have aligned Connect to three key areas: Connect SHOW, Connect TALKS and Connect FEST. Each of these pillars aligns with the core objectives of Connect.
- Connect SHOW reflects the marketplace and business exchange. The standard of exhibitors this year is phenomenal – our visitors will have ample opportunity to meet with suppliers and plan their event activity for the rest of the year and into 2018.
- Connect TALKS is exactly what it says on the tin. One of the main aims of Connect is to provide an education platform for those in the events industry. This is broken down into the Main Stage, Learning Lounges, Hashtag club and the Careers Corner. The main stage has been moved from Hall 2 into the Concert Hall in order to provide a dedicated morning of education and inspiring talks. Connect TALKS will equip you with the insight and skills to drive your continued professional development and personal growth.
- Connect FEST will take place on the evening of the 17th October in the Concert Hall. This part of the day is designed to bring everyone together in a social setting where you can do more business and meet new people, all while experiencing the incredible entertainment, food, drinks and experiential offerings available to the events industry in Ireland. Prepare to have your imagination ignited!
Connect is not like any expo you will have previously attended. Padraic Gilligan summed up perfectly what it is like to attend:
The most useful analogy to describe Connect16 is probably to say it’s like a boutique festival. It’s Electric Picnic or, better, Body & Soul, for #eventprofs. These festivals pivot around music but are way more than that – they’re about spoken word, debate, sustainability, cultural exchange, comedy, artisan food, crafts etc. The fringe elements are as central to the experience as the main stage. Connect is like this. While the main stage equivalent might be the business networking and exchange that takes place on the showfloor, the fringe elements at Connect are the seminars and educational sessions, the expert exchanges, the entertainment showcases, the incredible food, the technology hub – along with the buzz, energy and magic that’s unleashed when real people meet in real time, in real places. http://padraicino.com/connect16-dublin-why-you-must-be-there/
CONNECT is not just a powerful showcase of the very best Ireland has to offer, it is a place to network, a place to do business, a place to learn and a place to be inspired.
Don’t miss out on the biggest gathering of the events industry in Ireland – 2017 is going to be big. Huge!
If you want to come along and joining the party you can book your ticket HERE